Sunday, March 7, 2010

Promises

"I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; before the "gods" I will sing your praise...Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life...The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever - do not abandon the works of your hands." Psalm 138:1,7-8

"Praise be to the God and Father of our LORD Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows." 2 Corinthians 1:3-5

Thank you Jesus for being a solid hope upon which we are able to stand. Thank you for your precious love. Thank you for being the author of life, the preserver of life, and the reward of life. Thank you for being Life. Thank you that the day to day trials we face are never beyond your ability to shepherd us through as we hide in the shadow of your wings. Thank you for allowing us to be refined in the fire that we may be able to pour out the love we've received into those hurting, lost, and broken in this world. Thank you Jesus. Thank you. I will cling to your promises all my days...even those when all I can do is stand.

1 comment:

Marti Pieper said...

I love you, KK, and am lifting you up before Him. You are a dangerous force in the kingdom because everybody matters to you. And I know your Papa helped shape the amazing person you are. Thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph--