
On this cold and freezing rain filled day in Oklahoma, I'm sitting here warm inside at the many recollections and meditations upon what Jesus has done for me. Jesus is not only a means...He is the end. Isn't that just too much (in the positive sense) when you really think about it? Not only is He the end but He lavishes into our lives more than we can imagine and certainly, more than we possibly deserve.
Don't others deserve to know this same mercy and love that has me more amazed today than the first time I realized it was available to me?
The picture you see is of a beautiful woman I met on my recent trip to the Middle East. I couldn't speak her language and she couldn't speak mine, yet, through the barriers we were able to communicate in a profound way. Even though our encounter was brief, I left loving her in a way that almost pains me when I let the full weight hit me. She lives in a village where, to my knowledge, no one is available to tell her about Jesus.
Who's doing to tell her that He is the end of every desire, purpose, and want she has experienced throughout her long time on the earth? Who is going to tell her Jesus is Life? She doesn't have much time remaining.
So on this cold day, I pray you will be filled with warmth and gratitude that comes in knowing Jesus as the end but also, that you will allow the weight of the reality that so many others fail to recognize Him as the reason for existence hit you square between the eyes. Rejoice and weep beloved friends for today is a day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and take advantage of every opportunity to invite others to do the same.
I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment