Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Journeys & Poetry

During this week commemorating gratitude, Hosea 2 powerfully reminds me of the "big picture" of my life's journey which I am truly thankful for not only this week, but also every day of my life.

How blessed we are to simply know Jesus.

To be forgiven of a debt of sin you and I would never be able to pay.

To be made righteous.

To be called sons and daughters of God.

To not only be able to approach a holy God, but (marvel at this) be pursued by the Author of Existence.

What love, what beauty, what a reason to be thankful.

“
Jesus blocked my destructive path with thornbushes. He walled me in so I could run away from Life no longer. He allured me and gently led me into a desert in order to speak tenderly to me. In the midst of my trouble He wooed me and turned my trouble into hope and blessings. My sadness was turned into songful rejoicing. I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine. I do not have a religion but a God, friend, and Savior who has betrothed me to Himself in faithfulness, righteousness, and justice forever. I will spend the rest of my days worshipping in gladness and joy and seeking to extend this love to the nations my Jesus created, and loves with an unfailing love.”

Thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving blog world!

No comments: