What is the difference between passion and intensity? Are they one and the same?

Lately, I have had several people inform me that they see me as an "intense" person. Most likely they are correct as they know me really well but honesty, I don't understand the extent to which I am "intense." What in the heck does that even mean?
I would appreciate your feedback on this issue.
I really do desire to be someone who is fun to be around and approachable, but at the same time passionate about my convictions, love, and service centered in Christ. Where's the balance? Those around me, you the reader even, are placed in my vicinity for a reason. We are meant to live in community and joy loving the company of one another but living passionately (intensely?) for the Lord who gave His life for us. We're here to give feedback to one another when we're personally too blind to see the obvious needs in our lives alone.
All of this is to say that I am open to suggestions in all areas, but especially regarding the following:
1. What is the difference between passion and intensity?
2. Do you see me as intense?
3. Is this a good thing?
4. What are your suggestions for me, and others in general, on how to live in a passionate way that makes one accessible to the world around them? (Scripture references are welcomed in your response but not required)
I feel like I've talked about myself A LOT in this post. I apologize but obviously, I need help.
Love you.
1 comment:
Sorry to put this here...I had no other means to comment...Thanks for your spice butterscotch recipe from the lpm blog. My husband loves both flavors. I will have to surprise him!!
Post a Comment